Tips for Moving and Packing
Best Home Packers and Movers offers useful packing tips while you need to shift from one location to another. The packing tips given below will help you pack your material in such a manner that the goods will not get damage. Applying these tips while packing will help you relocate with all your goods with safety.
- Taping the bottom of cartons before filling them prevents the contents from spilling out the bottom during the move.
- Boxes, marking pen, bubble wrap, newspaper,tape, scissors and tissue should be kept handy
- All breakable items should be wrapped individually in paper. Paper should be used to cushion the bottom, sides and top of cartons.
- Use strong boxes and containers that can be secured tightly. Purchase special boxes for dishes, wardrobe and other special items.
- Pack audio-video equipment in their original boxes.
- Label cables and tighten transit screws. If removing screws, tape them to the objects they are removed from.
Label each box and indicate the following:
- Which room it should go in
- Whether it is fragile
- If it should be loaded last so it will be unloaded first.
- Cushion contents with packing material such as bubble wrap,
- Newspaper or tissue. Save room by using
- Towels and blankets to wrap fragile items.
- Pack books tightly on end in small boxes. If musty smelling, sprinkle talcum powder between the pages
and wrap the book before packing.
- Pack medicines in a leak proof container.
- Carry all valuables with you.
- You should empty your refrigerator and freezers for at least 24 hours before loading.
- Apply above tips when packing your valuable goods, the packing will be smooth & trouble free. Happy and safe relocation!